Here at Turners Underseal, we know that you care about your home, and we want to help you do what’s best for it. If you have a mold problem, our experts are here to provide the effective, thorough mold removal services you need. In this article, we’ll provide a brief overview of how the mold removal process works so that you know what to expect.
- Inspection- The first step in the mold removal process is to carefully inspect your property to locate any and all areas of mold growth. Once our team has documented where the mold is located, we’ll use the data that we have gathered to make a plan for how to proceed with the removal itself. This inspection and planning process also includes locating any moisture problems that may have contributed to the mold growth, and deciding how best to correct them.
- Addressing Moisture Problems- In order for mold removal to be truly effective in the long term, it’s necessary to address the moisture issues that led to the problem in the first place. Our team will provide solutions to your moisture woes so that mold spores are less likely to set in in the future.
- Isolation- After the moisture problems are taken care of, our team will move on to the next step of mold removal, which is to isolate the affected areas. We will use plastic sheeting and duct tape to create a barrier around the site of the mold infestation to prevent stray spores from escaping as we work.
- Removal- After that, our team will remove any affected materials and dispose of them according to EPA guidelines.
- Cleaning- Once the moldy materials are removed, our team will give the remaining surfaces a thorough cleaning to get rid of any lingering spores.